B1- Regulatory Environments for Benefits Programs
September 14, 2020
8:30 AM CDT - 5:00 PM CDT
Add to Calendar
Embassy Suites Houston- Energy Corridor
11730 Katy Freeway
Houston, TX 77079
A thorough understanding of the U.S. human resources laws and regulations is important for the HR benefits professional. This course provides an overview of these U.S. regulations as they apply to employee benefits programs and includes a review and discussion of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). In this course, you will:
- Explore government’s influence on employee benefits plans.
- Review legislation and regulations that affect retirement benefits.
- Examine legislative and regulatory requirements for pay for time not worked programs.
- Discuss relevant legislation that affects employee health and welfare benefits programs.
- Examine the taxation of health and welfare benefits and required nondiscrimination tests.
- Explore legal issues related to IRC Section 125 and Section 129 plans.
- Examine communication and administration activities related to benefits programs.
This course contains U.S. specific content and is designed for the U.S. HR benefits professional new to the field. It is also an ideal course for the HR generalist or compensation specialist with limited human resource law knowledge who would like to learn more.